Note: Tests 68823-70733-71217-73308-312605 may help prove the genetic connection of various early Pennsylvania lines. All are believed to descend from William PARK(01A1) (b. Co. Donegal Ire.-d. Ire.). In addition, there are two other tests which, if upgraded, may show a genetic connection to others in this group. One (67245) has roots in York Co. Penn. while the other (70762) has origins in Scotland, then to the Salt Lake City, Utah area in the USA with no Pennsylvania connections, thus indicating a more distant common ancestor. Recommendation for all tests in this group would be to upgrade to at least the 37 marker level, while 67 or 111 markers would give more information.
68823: LK=A 12 marker test
Earliest known ancestor is William PARK (01A1), born at Balleybegley, Ulster Province, Ireland, defender of Londonderry in 1688-9 from attacks by James II and the French forces. Had children:
- William (02A1) b. ca. 1675 Ire.-d. Ire. m. Jane HOOD
- Arthur (02A2) b. ca. 1677 Ire.-d. 1740 Chester Co., Penn. m. Mary [–?–]
- Samuel (02A3) b. ca. 1680 Ire.-d. 1768 Waltham, Middlesex Co. Mass.
- David (02A4) b. ca. 1682 Ire.-d. bef. 1740 Penn. m. Catherine [–?–]
- Jane (02A5) b. ca. 1685 Ire.-d. 1760 Penn.-not married.
- William PARK (01A1) b. ca. 1675 Ire.-d. Ire. m. Jane HOOD
- Arthur PARK (02A2) b. ca. 1677 Ire.-d. 1740 Chester Co., Penn. m. Mary [–?–]
- Joseph PARK (03A9) b. ca. 1700 Ire.-d. aft. 1778 S.C. m1. Alice CULBERTSON m2. Mary McCLELLAN
- George PARK (04A84) b. 1728 Chester Co., Penn.-d. 1805 Union Co., S.C. m. Margaret MAYES
- James PARK (05A205) b. ca. 1756 Union Co., S.C.-d. 1828/9 Union Co., S.C. m. Jean RUSSELL
- Joseph PARK (06A485) b. ca. 1780 S. C.-d. ca. 1838 Ala. m. South Carolina Margaret McMULLAN
- James Alexander PARK (07A1456) b. 1817 Union Co., S.C.-d. 1902 Sevier Co., Ark.
- Joseph Jasper PARK (08A4368) b. 1840 Jefferson Co., Ala.-d. 1925 Fannin Co. Tex.
- Charles Jefferson PARK (09A13104) b. 1878 Grayson Co., Tex.-d. 1956 Choctaw Co., Okla.
- Participant is PS#953.
141201: 67 marker test
Earliest known ancestor is James Madison PARK b. ca. Feb 1822 Ill.-d. aft. 1900 Ore.? m. ca. 1842 Ill. Eliza BOYLAN b. ca. 1825 O. In both 1880 & 1900 censuses, James Madison PARK lists his father’s place of birth as South Carolina, mother’s place of birth as either Kentucky or Georgia.
- James Madison PARK b. ca. Feb 1822 Ill.-d. aft. 1900 Ore.? m. ca. 1842 Ill. Eliza BOYLAN b. ca. 1825 O.
- John M. PARK b. Feb 1843 Ill.-d. unk. m. Lydia M. [–?–]
- William E. PARK b. 1879 Kans.-d. 1957 Puyallup, Pierce Co., Wash. m. Ethel E. [–?–]
- Joseph Edward PARK b. 14 Mar 1913 Walton, Lane Co., Ore. m. Ethel May FELKER
- Participant is PS#516.
109216: LK=QO 67 marker test
Earliest known ancestor is William PARK b. 27 Sep 1805 N.C. or S.C.-d. 16 Dec 1864 place uncertain but family was living in Jasper Co., Ga. There are two William Parkses in the Confederate army from Georgia who died in Dec 1864, one in Richmond, Virginia and one in a POW camp in Illinois. Cannot confirm or deny if there is a connection. William would have been 59 years old and the second guy was in the guard, which would have been more reasonable. He had four sons in the war, all but Quedalous Smith PARK, who was a child at the time of the war. William married Almira Catherine KENDRICK, whose mother was Elizabeth PARKS (04OX53), daughter of John (03OX11) & Katherine (HARRISON) PARKS (LK=OX). The earliest paper trail found is 1840 census in Pike Co., Ga. and a church history same year, same place. Note: LK=OX is in Group 010 and is not related genetically to LK=QO in any way.
- William PARK (01QO1) b. 27 Sep 1805 N.C. or S.C.-d. 16 Dec 1864 m. 5 Dec 1833 Almira Catherine KENDRICK
- Quedalous Smith PARK (02QO9) b. 18 July 1858 prob. Upson Co., Ga. but family bible says Pike Co., Ga.-d. 17 Dec 1908 Jasper Co., Ga.
- Arthur Lindsey PARK (03QO96) b. 6 Sep 1901 Jasper Co., Ga.-d. 2 Nov 1986 Clayton Co Ga. m. 1940 Ga. Mary Emaline RAWLS
- Participant (04QO385) is brother of PS#1536.
70762: 37 marker test
- James PARK b. ca. 1608 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
- James PARK b. 1636 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
- John PARK b. 1674 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
- James PARK b. 1718 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
- James PARK b. 1745 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
- James PARK b. 1766 Kent, Lanark, Scotland-d. 1856 Poland, Ontario, Canada
- William PARK b. 1805 Cumbaslang, Lanark, Scotland-d. 1890 Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Co., Ut.
- Allen Thomas PARK b. 1857 Millcreek, Salt Lake Co., Ut.-d. 1892 Millcreek, Salt Lake Co., Ut.
- Daniel Lester PARK b. 27 April 1887 Ut.-d. 5 June 1952 Cal. m. Clara HORNE
- Participant’s grandfather
- Participant’s father
N102636: LK=A 12 marker test
- William PARKE (01A1) b. ca. 1650 Ire.-d. unk. Ire.
- Arthur PARKE (02A2) b. ca. 1677 Ire.-d. 1740 Penn. m. Mary [–?–]
- John PARKE (03A12) b. ca. 1706 Ire.-d. 1787 Penn. m. ca. 1735 Elizabeth McKNIGHT
- Joseph PARKE (04A107) b. 1737-d. 1823 m1. ca. 1760 Ann (GRUBB) SINCLAIR m2. 1775 Ann Agnes MAXWELL
- George Washington PARKE (05A229) b. 1780-d. 1860 m1. ca. 1805 Mary FLEMING m2. 1820 Mary ROSS
- Joseph Maxwell PARKE (06A629) b. 1810 Penn.-d. 18 Feb 1898 Carroll Co. Md. m. 1835 Amanda MOTTER
- John Fleming PARKE (07A1890) b. 9 Nov 1852 or 11 March 1854 Penn.-d. 1 Nov 1896 m. 14 Oct 1872 Alverta/Alberta Virginia GRUMBINE
- Joseph William PARKE (08A5671) b. ca. 1887 Md.-d. ca. 1910 Fla. m. 27 Jan 1904 Duval Co. Fla. Elizabeth E. HUSSEY
- Charles Fleming PARKE b. 21 Jan 1908 Duval Co. Fla.-d. 14 Nov 1976 Duval Co. Fla. m1. 1928 Nassau Co. Fla. Lucy EINIG m2. 1939 Duval Co. Fla. Regina Mary WRIGLEY
73308: LK=JJ 25 marker test
Earliest known ancestor is John PARK, who owned land in Menallen Twp., York Co. (now Adams Co.) Penn., said land having been surveyed in 1745. Land was sold in 1785 by his three sons: James (02JJ1) b. ca. 1746, John (02JJ2) b. ca. 1743, and David (02JJ3) b. ca. 1741, when they lived in Franklin Co., Penn..
- John PARK (01JJ1) b. 1720 Penn.-d. 1750 Penn. m. 1739 Rachel CROOKS
- John PARK (02JJ2) b. ca. 1743 Penn.-d. 1834 Westmoreland Co., Penn. m. ca. 1773 Isabella McMULLEN
- John PARK (03JJ13) b. 1779 Penn.-d. 31 July 1861Franklin Co., Penn. m. 1810 Penn. Margaret WITHERSPOON
- John Witherspoon PARK (04JJ132) b. 22 March 1813 Penn.-d. 11 December 1885 Fannettsburg, Franklin Co., Penn. m. 1845 Jane Margaret WATT
- David Duff PARK (05JJ666) b. 1861 Fannettsburg, Franklin Co., Penn.-d. 1950 Chambersburg, Franklin Co., Penn. m. 1886 Penn. Martha Jane WATT
- Earle White PARK (06JJ3985) b. 1888 Fannettsburg, Franklin Co., Penn.-d. 1923 Lancaster Co., Penn.
- Harold Frank PARK (07JJ11979) b. 1912 Penn.-d. 2011 Penn. PS#325
- Participant’s father
- Participant is grandson of PS#325.
312605: LK=A 67 marker test
- William PARK (01A1) (b. ca. 1650 Ire.-d. unk. Ire.)
- Arthur PARK (02A2) (b. ca. 1677 Ire.-d. 1740 Penn. m. Mary [–?–])
- Joseph PARK (03A9) (b. ca. 1700 Ire.-d. aft. 1778 S.C. m1. Alice CULBERTSON m2. Mary McCLELLAN)
- George PARK (04A84) (b. 1728 Penn.-d. 1805 Union Co. S.C. m. Margaret MAYES)
- Joseph PARK (b. 1750-d. 1809 m. Rachel STOREY)
- George Storey PARK (b. ca. 1777 S.C.-d. aft. 1860 Ala. m. Margaret McCRACKEN)
- Anthony Thomas PARK (b. ca. 1824 Ala. or Miss.-d. unk. m. Espey A. HALLMAN)
- William Arthur PARKS (b. Feb 1848 Winston Co. Ala.-d. 1919 Lowndes Co. Miss. m. Lucy Jane LETT)
- Benjamin Lee PARKS (b. 1 Jan 1902 Vernon, Lamar Co. Ala.-d. 19 Nov 1974 Lamesa, Dawson Co. Tex. m. Antonia (Tiny) CREWS/CRUZ)
562953: LK=IN 37 marker test
- Robert PARK (01IN1) b. ca. 1792 Balleybegley, Ulster Province, Ireland-d. ca. 1850 Ontario, Canada m. Elizabeth HOOD
- William PARK (02IN3) b. 1831 Balleybegley, Ulster Province, Ireland-d. 11 Sep 1882 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada m. Hamilton, Ont,, Canada Margaret NENAN
- William Oliver PARK (03IN13) b. 27 Mar 1866 Hamilton, Ont,, Canada-d. 7 Feb 1946 Chicago, Cook Co., Ill. m. 28 Sep 1904 Chicago, Cook Co., Ill. Carrie Mae FLETCHER
- Willis Fletcher PARK (04IN76) b. 15 Apr 1907 Chicago, Cook Co., Ill.-d. 9 May 1969 Tucson, Pima Co., Ariz.
- Participant is PS#1652
67245: LK=JP 67 marker test
Earliest known ancestor is Hugh PARKS (b. 1777 York Co. Penn.-d. 1864 Belmont Co. O. m. December 1805 Belmont Co. O. Mary NICHOL).
- Hugh PARKS (01JP1) b. 1777 York Co. Penn.-d. 1864 Belmont Co. O.
- William PARKS (02JP5) b. 1819 or 1814 Belmont Co. O.-d. unk.
- Hugh Whiteford PARKS (03JP11) b. 6 Aug 1841 Uniontown, Belmont Co. O.-d. 1897 Belmont Co. O.
- William Campbell PARKS (04JP43) b. 29 Apr 1887 Adena, Jefferson Co. O.-d. 4 Jan 1941 Cadiz, Harrison Co. O.
- William Whiteford PARKS (05JP121) b. 1923 Cadiz, Harrison Co. O.-d. 2005 Findlay, Hancock Co. O. PS#1387
- Participant (06JP484) is son of PS#1387.
439253: LK=JP 111 marker test
- Hugh PARKS (01JP1) (b. 1777 York Co. Penn.-d. 1864 Belmont Co. O.)
- William PARKS (02JP5) (b. 1819 or 1814 Belmont Co. O.-d. unk.)
- Hugh Whiteford PARKS (03JP11) (b. 6 Aug 1841 Uniontown, Belmont Co. O.-d. 1897 Belmont Co. O.)
- Samuel McLaughlin PARKS Sr. (04JP44) (b. 21 Sep 1879 Hopedale, Harrison Co. O.-d.20 Nov 1947 Pittsbugh, Allegheny Co. Penn.)
- Samuel McLaughlin PARKS Jr. (05JP141) (b. 23 Jun 1909 Hopedale, Harrison Co. O.-d.7 Apr 1997 Fla.)
- Participant (06JP276) is PS#1586.
430115: LK=JP 111 marker test
- Lineage information pending.
70733: LK=IU 37 marker test
Earliest known ancestor is James PARK (01IUnn) (b. 1784 Lancaster Co. Penn.-d. 1857 Westmoreland Co. Penn. m. ca. 1816 Jane WATSON). Test is attempting to find genetic connection to test 71217 to prove the supposition that James PARK (01IU1) was brother of David PARK (02XW4) b. 1780 and both were sons of James PARK(01XW1) (b. 1746 Manor of Maske, Lancaster Co. (later Adams Co.) Penn.-d. 1837 Butler Co. Penn. m. 1775 Fanny KERR).
- James PARK (01IU1nn) b. 1784 Lancaster Co. Penn-d. 1857 Westmoreland Co. Penn.
- William PARK (02IUnn) b. 1840 Manor Valley, Penn Twp., Westmoreland Co. Penn.-d. 1929 Boston, Mass.
- John (Jack) Rushmarchant or Rush Marchant PARK (03IUnn) b. 1863-d. 1920
- William Hillary PARKS
- Participant is cousin of PS#1177.
71217: LK=XW 25 marker test
- David PARK b. ca. 1682 Ire.-d. ca. 1740 Penn.
- John PARK b. ca. 1720 Lancaster Co. Penn.-d. 1750 Manor of Maske, York Co. (now Adams Co.) Penn.
- James PARK (01XW1) b. 1746 Manor of Maske, Lancaster Co. (later York Co.-now Adams Co.) Penn.-d. 1837 Butler Co. Penn.
- David PARK (02XW4) b. 1780 Wash. Twp., Cumberland Co. Penn.-d. bet. 1865-1870 Ohio Co. Ky.
- Jesse Byers PARK (03XW37) b. 1826 Canton, Stark Co. O.-d. 1879 Caney Dist., Ohio Co. Ky.
- Anderson Dotson PARK (04XW189) b. 1875 White Run, Ohio Co. Ky.-d. 1946 Owensboro, Daviess Co. Ky.
- Participant (05XW762) PS#1186- deceased.